Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL) works in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, protect, develop and commercialise new innovations from healthcare professionals. Registered Number: SC 236303. Registered address: The Golden Jubliee National Hospital, Fourth Floor East, Agmemmon St, Clydebank, G81 4DY
News & Events
Stay up to date with latest activity at SHIL
Vacancy: Commercial Funding Manager
The new post will broaden the knowledge of and access to sources of new grant funding available to Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL)
The new role will also take the lead in commercial funding applications and grant management. Specifically:
- the development and implementation of an external grant funding programme
- the identification of activity within the SHIL project portfolio and NHS clients eligible for external grant funding
- the application for and subsequent management of external grant funding
- providing advice to NHS clients and external stakeholders on aspects of grant funding applications and grant management
Job Title: Commercial Funding Manager
Grade: Band 7
Location: Golden Jubilee National Hospital, Clydebank
Length: 1 year fixed term
Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL) works in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, protect, develop and commercialise healthcare innovations to improve patient care. NHS Research Scotland (NRS) is a partnership involving Scottish NHS Boards and the Chief Scientist Office (CSO) of the Scottish Government, managed under contract by SHIL, ensuring NHS Scotland provides the best environment to support clinical research.
Both SHIL and NRS Central Management Team are funded via a grant from the Chief Scientist Office (CSO) of the Scottish Government.
The Commercial Funding Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of an external grant funding programme. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Project Management and Innovation Management teams on the support of innovation across NHS Scotland. Candidates should have a qualification to degree level (or above) in a scientific (or related) discipline with experience of working in a scientific, technology-oriented, commercially focussed environment and an ability to build strong relationships across a diverse portfolio of internal and external stakeholders. Strong interpersonal and good team-working skills are also essential.
- Identifying new grant funding opportunities
- Identifying activity eligible for external grant funding
- Managing applications for external grant funding
- Collating and assimilating complex data and information to draft applications for external grant funding
- Implement systems to ensure that external grant funds are managed effectively, in compliance with contractual and accountability requirements
- Build and encourage collaborative engagement with the NHS, Academia and Industry
- Provide commercial funding and grant advice to NHS clients and external stakeholders
Experience and Skills
- Qualification to degree level or above in scientific (or related) discipline with experience of working in a scientific, technology-oriented, commercially focussed environment
- Extensive, recent and successful grant writing experience coupled with excellent communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of sources of funding for healthcare research
- Able to demonstrate a strong record of successful bid awards and have an impressive bid/award ratio
- Successful experience of writing about or presenting complex technical or scientific issues in a simple and engaging manner to a non-technical audience.
- Successful experience of independently finding, evaluating, selecting, and using sources of information
- Experience of working on collaborative projects
Closing date for applications is Monday 20 January. For more information or to apply, please send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com / 0141 951 5506.