Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL) works in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, protect, develop and commercialise new innovations from healthcare professionals. Registered Number: SC 236303. Registered address: The Golden Jubliee National Hospital, Fourth Floor East, Agmemmon St, Clydebank, G81 4DY
News & Events
Stay up to date with latest activity at SHIL
Scottish Society of Physicians 60th Annual Meeting
The SSP welcome all to attend their 60th Annual Meeting, this year taking place in the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. SHIL will be exhibiting at the conference, discussing innovation within NHS Scotland and how to translate ideas into real-world products.
Highlights of the programme include:
- Dr Michael Williams – Liver transplantation in Scotland
- Dr Rahat Maitland – Acute medical emergencies in pregnancy
- Professor Opinder Sahota – Managing older patients with fracture
- Dr Susan Nimmo – Acute pain on medical wards
- Dr Euan Sandilands – Best practice in acute poisoning
- Dr Kevin Blyth – Pleural disease
- Dr Jennifer Logue - Strategies to promote weight loss
- Professor David Newby – Valvular heart disease.
The 2018 Fitzgerald Peel Lecture entitled ‘Lung cancer - past, present and future' will be delivered by Professor Marianne Nicolson, Consultant Oncologist, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.