Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL) works in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, protect, develop and commercialise new innovations from healthcare professionals. Registered Number: SC 236303. Registered address: The Golden Jubliee National Hospital, Fourth Floor East, Agmemmon St, Clydebank, G81 4DY
News & Events
Stay up to date with latest activity at SHIL
Promoting and encouraging innovation within NHS Scotland is a key priority to drive the highest quality of healthcare and support new ways of working, faster access to services or new treatments.
As the only organisation set up to work in partnership with NHS Scotland on commercialisation activity, our new website is designed to make it easier to understand what is meant by health innovation, why it is important and highlight our work at SHIL to uncover and develop transformational ideas from within our health service, helping improve the quality of healthcare and develop new and improved treatments and devices for our patients.
Here is a quick guide to some key features on our new website…
SHIL have been working in partnership with NHS Scotland since 2002. We work with every health board in Scotland to identify, protect, develop and commercialise new ideas and innovations generated by healthcare professionals.
- Learn more about our team and Board
- Hear first-hand from our Business Development and Project Management team
- How do we translate innovative ideas into viable products and services? Review our Innovation Pathway
- In reality, what does that mean? Listen to Paul Swinton, Scottish Ambulance Service talk about his experiences
- Browse some of our most successful products and spin out companies
Scotland has a proud history of innovation. Some of the world’s most important drug discoveries have been made by Scots - salbutamol to relieve asthma attacks, beta blockers used to treat heart conditions and the world’s first artificial vaccine against hepatitis B infection, to name a few. Medical techniques and devices including ultrasound scanning and MRI were also developed in Scotland.
To help NHS to stay at the forefront of medical advances, we need to continue the story of innovation so find out more about:
- What we mean when we talk about innovation
- Innovation in NHS Scotland
- The health innovation ecosystem supporting Scotland to be a world leader in health innovation
Our aim at SHIL is to be a driving force of healthcare innovation in Scotland, supporting a world class NHS operating at the forefront of global medical advances.
We hope you enjoy browsing our new site and encourage you to check back regularly for new updates, news and events. You can also stay up to date with our work via @ScotHealthInno.