Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL) works in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, protect, develop and commercialise new innovations from healthcare professionals. Registered Number: SC 236303. Registered address: The Golden Jubliee National Hospital, Fourth Floor East, Agmemmon St, Clydebank, G81 4DY
An innovative solution to staunch nosebleeds
- Invented by Dr Akuafo Agbenyega, A&E Consultant at NHS Ayrshire and Arran
- Designed to stop the flow of blood during anterior nasal / nose bleeds (epistaxis)
- A cushioned, lightweight, adjustable plastic clip
- Applies pressure to the area just below the bridge of the nose
- Ideal for ED wards, sports clubs, schools (children over 7 years) and First Aid kits
- Supplied as a pack of five nasal clips with instructions for use
Packs of: 5
The Rhinopinch® is a lightweight adjustable plastic nasal clip designed to staunch nosebleeds. Its cushioned clip is designed to comfortably fit the patient's nose, whilst applying even pressure across the bridge of the nose to halt the flow of blood. This simple innovation can be used by non-clinicians and is particularly useful for paramedics, nursery teachers, school and nursing staff.
Originally conceived by Dr Akuafo Agbenyega working in the A&E department of Crosshouse Hospital, Ayrshire and Arran, the Rhinopinch® is designed as a single-use device in order to conform to infection control.